Need help deciding on trailer racks in 16ft enclosed trailer.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Mownmachine144, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Mownmachine144

Mownmachine144 LawnSite Senior Member

Trying to set up the trailer for the upcoming season. I wanna be more organized this year. I currently park my ztr on the right side of the trailer when your looking straight in the trailer from the trailer tailgate point of view. I want to have a racks on both sides but I don't want it to be annoyed by trimmer/blower tubes in the way while I'm parking the ztr. Any pictures of setups or advice would be very helpful.

K c m likes this.
  2. smallyardman

smallyardman LawnSite Member

wish I could get a pic. but tons of snow around my trailer. i hang shovels and rakes on side where I park mower. leaf blower and trimmer on opposite side

Mownmachine144 and hort101 like this.
  3. Shayne Anderson

Shayne Anderson LawnSite Member

I have a 8ft x 20ft. enclosed trailer, I have a yard trailer at front of trailer(backed in), and I run 2 zero turns in after it. I have racks for blowers, and whipper snippers, all on one side of the trailer. It's easier to walk past zero turns on the non-rack side, but is still feasible down rack side. Here is the rack co. where i got my racks ,100% happy with their product. .. https://trailerracks.com

hort101 likes this.
  4. Mownmachine144

Love the security fact on that blower rack but the price tag is hefty.
    Do you think I could get away with putting some racks where the V-nose is on the trailer?

5. K c m

K c m LawnSite Bronze Member

1 stick of 1 5/8ths unistrut
    1 4’ stick 2.5” flat stock.
    3/8ths bolts, lock washers and spring nuts

Bend flat stock in vice, drill holes and attach with 3/8ths bolts and spring nuts.
    Under 30$

76C2849D-0585-4D25-B387-B05C157788B2.jpeg

52F57D8C-F91F-427A-9568-786E7FDBB5E3.jpeg

E38D6D1E-734F-47C0-AD46-3E79DBF20C00.jpeg

hort101 and Mownmachine144 like this.
  6. Mownmachine144

How do you lock your trimmers on that? lock cables and snake them around?

7. Jake the grass guy

Jake the grass guy LawnSite Senior Member

i have a 7x16 enclosed vnose.. i park my 652r on it and currently thats my only mower. i have my greentouch trimmer rack on the right side and i have a blower rack and gas can rack as well that i will be putting up next weekend. Some guys on youtube put 5 gallon gas can racks up put 1 inch tube and basically use it as a fueling station which i thought was pretty cool. Get it done before season starts otherwise youll never get it done! ha! good luck pics when your finished!

Mownmachine144 and hort101 like this.
  8. K c m

K c m LawnSite Bronze Member

My rule is i don’t leave anything out over night. You could do that but i put everything away at the end of the day if I’m using the open. Usually using the enclosed trailer but wanted to give you an idea of a low cost effective way to transport trimmers.

hort101 likes this.
  9. Mownmachine144

I don't have a garage i can utilize for storage. The enclosed trailer will be my only garage lol:laugh:. I'm going to consider using your advice on the trimmer racks. Building Trimmer racks won't be a major issue for me, the real problem is how I am going to make these blower racks for my 2 blowers I cherish

Doc8406 and hort101 like this.
  10. Mownmachine144

QUOTE<pics when your finished!