1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

Need help doing business on the internet

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mowerman90, Oct 2, 2000.

1. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

Due to a recent upgrade in my accounting program I am now able to e-mail my statements and invoices to any of my customers that want to receive their statements that way. Quite a few are requesting it now that I'm offering them a choice. My question is: Is there a way, or what is the best way to receive payment over the internet? What is involved? Do any of you receive payments like this? What are the pro/cons.

2. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

3. turfman99

turfman99 LawnSite Member

within the next two years. More and more clients will demand this service.

I pay all my personal bills throught Quicken and my bank.I use the debit card for everything. I write very few checks anymore. It's much better and more efficent.

In the business, we have several EFT payments direct to our bank accounts. We have aprox 15 % of our customer base wants faxed statements rather than mail. We will be seting up bill pays to vendors on the e basis as well. We can do it with Business Works, but I think QuickBooks also supports vendor payments by e mail.

You need to be ready to go with this as much as possible as soon as possible. I myself think that almost all financial transactions will be e based within 5 years.

mowerman has made a wise decision and the rest of us need to look closely at it also.

Thaks for the link Ray, I needed to find something like that.

4. Chuck Sinclair

Chuck Sinclair LawnSite Senior Member

If you want to accept checks online from your customers E-Mail me at: chuck@mr-wizard.com You can do it cheap!

5. stick9

stick9 LawnSite Senior Member

Wow! What a GREAT idea

(am now able to e-mail my statements and invoices)

Wow.

stIck-ninE

6. dhicks

dhicks Member

I use Paypal and it works great.