Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Have a problem, my TTHP will not drive, no turning or drive at all. The blade is engaged, everything is fine, mowing along and the hydro's suddenly are not working. I am currently looking through the book and am finding nothing pertaining to this. I have fluid, no leaks anywhere, the unit is lightly used and only a year old. Any ideas on where to troubleshoot first? If one pump goes out does the whole drive go out?

· Registered
2,695 Posts
Sounds like you lost the hydro drive belt. Look under the machine. There is a drive belt that goes from the engine crankshaft sheave then around both pump sheaves. Take a look.

Q
to add to jims post. the hydro belt is the knobby one underneath. you need to keep debris out of there or it will cause it to pop off. take a pressure washer and clean out the underneath about once a week. make sure and regrease your fittings.

· Registered
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had the crew disengage the hydros so they could get it back on the trailer and get it home. (they are an hour away from the mother ship)

As for the hydro belt you guys mention I will check it when they pull in. Thank you for the help, hopefully that is all it is.

Jeff

· Registered
1,858 Posts
I'm sure it's the belt. Always a good idea to keep a spare one with you also. As you see, if that belt goes, that machine ain't gonna go ANYwhere.

· Registered
1,858 Posts
Not too hard to change in the field. I've had to do it before. Luckily I had a spare belt with me.

· Registered
1,858 Posts
Been a while since I've done my belt, but I think that spring is for the idler pulley that keeps the belt tight.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.