Need help fast on equipment purchase!!!!! Have to decide by tommorow 730AM

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Nolimit124, Jan 19, 2010.

  1. Nolimit124

    Nolimit124 LawnSite Member
    Messages: 128

    so heres the deal i have been looking for mowers for some time now i found 2 ok deals.

    first is a 1998 Walkder mower 20hp with 1800 hours new engine 200 hours ago. Documentation proving this. Catcher on the back has seen better days might need a replacement soon if bungie breaks lol. The guy also claims he put a new deck on it. 48" deck He wants $2800 firm no lower

    Second is a 2006 Toro Z-Master 1800 hours also. SAME ENGINE. The problem with this one is that it dosen't start right up you need to turn the key 5 times. It also has to be started at low throttle or else it will flood the engine and wont start for 30 mins. 52" deck

    Both are in great good condition, which one should I go with I have to decide by 730am tommrow. Or should I just go with a different mower all togethor.

    I am just starting a company, but none of the houses have huge lots I was going to get a big rider and a 36" or 48" walk behind to start. Let me know what you
  2. mowerbrad

    mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic
    Messages: 6,268

    Just from the sounds of things, I wouldn't consider any of the mower as "great good condition", maybe fair condition. Each of them both seem to have things that will need to be addressed. If it were me, I would pass on both and try and find something else. You still have plenty of time to find a good used mower though, so take some time to look for one that you really are happy with.
  3. punt66

    punt66 LawnSite Fanatic
    Messages: 8,536

    never rush into a deal. They are both junk.
  4. Bob_n_weave

    Bob_n_weave LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 375

    I agree ! do not rush into buying anything, you will probably regret it.
    There are lot's of mowers to pick from.
  5. green grass lawn care

    green grass lawn care LawnSite Member
    Messages: 89

    why do you need to make a decision by 7:30 tomorrow? is it because the guy you are buying from is SHADY? more than likely. if a timeline is set on a purchase don't buy it. and for that kind of coin you can get a pretty decent used mower. maybe a really nice hydro walk behind. good luck and i say no to both as well. vince
  6. meets1

    meets1 LawnSite Gold Member
    Messages: 3,847

    No way. Sleep till
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. MikeKle

    MikeKle LawnSite Platinum Member
    Messages: 4,253

    You should never have to make a decision by a certain time on buying anything. If a seller insists this, he is trying to get rid of junk. Anyone else would tell you to take as much time as you like deciding. Those mowers seem a bit too worn out to me for that kind of money, but if it is proven to be a BRAND NEW engine and not a re-manu. engine, that may be the better deal, but I would talk him down to at least $1800. or $2000 max, since it is a 1998 model, and may need other pricey parts replaced soon, like the hydro parts. IF you are just starting out, I would keep looking though, and consider a WB so you can have as versatile a machine as possible, never know if you will get a hilly yard that a Z cant handle. For $2800. you can get a really nice WB. Good luck!
  8. Grass Shark

    Grass Shark LawnSite Senior Member
    from Zone 7
    Messages: 660

    When you force yourself to make a decision on a deadline, you regret. I would skip both mowers, which neither sounds like a deal anyway. You need to put some more thought into what you want and need. Good thing you came to the forum because the mind is easily overwhelmed when we see something we like and are given a deadline. There are tons of mowers out there, sit back and make a well thought out educated decision. Wish you the best
  9. scagrider22

    scagrider22 LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,272

    Dont buy them they sound like overpriced junk take your money and buy a nice low hour48" walk behind you do not need to be in a rush because you will not be cutting grass for atleast two months.
  10. Nolimit124

    Nolimit124 LawnSite Member
    Messages: 128

    Yeah all good points. The reason why I have to decide is the guy is getting divorced so his wife is kicking him out tommorow. He didnt feel like moving the mower so he didn't to sell it. Thats why there is a deadline I had to decide if I should leave at 8 to meet him.

    What about the toro z-master for $1200 thats the lowest he will go!

    He also said if I buy the walker he will give me a backpack blower 7001 model and a 9hp little wonder blower included in the $2800 for the walker mower.

    I figured for $1200 i can afford to fix problems with the z-master what do you guys think?>

Share This Page