Need help, I am forgetting important tasks

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by jackelope68, Feb 5, 2019.

1. jackelope68

jackelope68 LawnSite Member

I need help remembering important tasks such as filing sales tax and other forms on a timely basis. Ideally I need a program to send me e-mail reminders for tasks that need to be done, some are weekly, some are monthly and some are quarterly. Can google calendar or some other app do this.

Thanks
    Dan

DXN1EL and hort101 like this.
  2. BigJlittleC

BigJlittleC LawnSite Fanatic
    from Chicago

Most phones can set reminder alerts on any day you want. Might take a bit to set up at first. But if you forget enough it will be time well spent.

DXN1EL, hort101 and That Guy Gary like this.
  3. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Silver Member

Yes your google calendar can remind you with messages. I use it for remembering to do payroll and take my meds

4. Oxmow

Oxmow LawnSite Bronze Member

google is great...I use it to remember when I have to run the basketball scoreboard for my kids school.

Ijustwantausername likes this.
  5. TX Easymoney

TX Easymoney LawnSite Platinum Member

MS Outlook has by far the best interface etc...get ms360 and pay $99 per year for all the suite of apps. Use the flags and set up a daily folder to check each day for those flagged items...only unflag them when completed.
    And get a scheduling program rather than trying to remember jobs or details.

Puttinggreens likes this.
  6. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

outlook

snomaha and hort101 like this.
  7. snomaha

snomaha LawnSite Bronze Member
    from midwest

I’m not tech savvy, but agree with TP - outlook is simple and effective.

Our support staff in the office has access to my calendar and all the division managers calendars. If there is an open time frame, they have the ability to add estimate meetings, job interviews, vendor meetings etc.

hort101 likes this.
  8. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

This is exactly how it works in our office too

hort101 likes this.
  9. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Platinum Member

If you're already comfortable with Google Calendar and/or Gmail, this is a core function. If you use the full Google Drive suite of tools, you've got an all-in-one, integrated way to handle reminders, run your calendar, Google Docs, store files, etc.

To really separate it from your personal world, look at Google's G Suite offering, which also allows for you to use Gmail to handle your web domain's email functionality, plus expanded Drive features. There's no better $5/month you can spend on your business.

hort101 and snomaha like this.
  10. Arvydas

Arvydas LawnSite Member

I can't recommend Todoist enough. I have a premium plan with them, but they have a free version. It's the most robust way I've found to track tasks and schedule reminders over the years. It's a phone app as well as a desktop interface. I highly suggest checking them out.

I have a shortcut created where all I need to do it swipe up on my phones screen and it opens the Add New Task box. I type a task, choose a due date, push done and move on.

I do that every time out of habit after getting off the phone with a client, etc. to create a to do item based on that conversation.