1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

need help on bid...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by scchamblee, Feb 6, 2007.

1. scchamblee

scchamblee LawnSite Member

I am just getting into commercial properties. I am bidding on an apt. complex. It has:

223,500 sqft (bout 5 acres) of mowing
    4600 feet of edging
    14,500 feet of string trimming, plus 140 small trees with straw around them

I have a 60" John deere 797 (only mower) have access to a JD 7H17 48" w/b
    2 Weedeaters & 1 Edger

How long should it take me and one helper to do this, and what would you charge?

Ay help appreciated

Thanks
    Stephen

2. scchamblee

Please... I need some help!

3. scchamblee

Please... I need some help!

4. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

on an 8hr day with one helper/ both on mowers we can turn out $800 to $1,000 and that sounds like a bit less than half a day if that helps. that doesnt include the edging or the small trees etc

5. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

Without pics of property I'd guess 3 hrs with a helper or say 5 solo. I'd guess $125 an hr if two guys are working it (roughly $375 per visit). If you could post a pic we could give you a better idea.

6. Precisionlc9

Precisionlc9 LawnSite Member

I would'nt touch this property for less than $200 a visit and would be more apt to charge $250 just because by the time you get out there in the middle of the summer ball sweatin hot your gonna be pi$$ed if your not makin the kinda money that you want, but with that said you better be doing a first class job everytime you show up. O yea and not to mention all commercial properties want to see some kind of commercial insurance policy just to mow on thier property which costs$$$$$. hope this helps

7. scchamblee

Thanks for the help. I will try to get pictures up soon, I gotta go back and measure the beds for a bid on maintenance. It is laid out very crazy, there is thirteen different buildings (plus an office building)... lots of curbs, lots of fence.

One other thing... It is a new complex with bermuda sod laid this winter... is it gonna be safe to get that mower on it (1350 lbs.)

I did a rough layout of the place... but dont know how to post it.

8. scchamblee

this is a rough scetch

Green - grass
    Blue - chain link fence
    Red - iron fence
    White - buildings
    Brown - parking lot

Attached Files:

• apts.bmp
      File size:
      812.2 KB