1. Ask the Expert TODAY!
    Learn how to do more with less when it comes to your fertilization services. Gather your top questions about fertilization and nutrient management and join the live Ask the Expert event hosted by Koch Turf & Ornamental TODAY at 12-2 p.m. ET in the Fertilizer Application forum .

Dismiss Notice

need help on pricing a downed pine tree.

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by ncnurseryman, Jun 12, 2013.

1. cuttingedge55

cuttingedge55 LawnSite Member

Well your first problem is you are hauling it off? Why not dumpster??? By the time you factor in dumb fees,gas wear and tear on vehicle,trailer is a $400 dumpster not worth it? Im looking at a job and fiquring in paying 2 guys and me cutting if I haul off it would cost more to pay them to ride,put on and take off the trailer, and gas its a nobrainer

2. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

That's a one man tree Who needs help with that its on the ground cut and load.
    I be at 600-700 might less all depends on the location and if get the dump next to tree or if I can get my track loader to the tree
    If there dragging the stuff to the truck then be more Then I would use my DC to drag stuff to the truck.

3. Colaguy

Colaguy LawnSite Senior Member

Whatever you charge, better to be high $ than to low. If I could back trailer up to it, I'd charge a lower price. If you have to carry it out, then charge more.