1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Need help on this Bid?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mc752000, Sep 17, 2003.

1. mc752000

mc752000 LawnSite Member

Ok!! I have this automotive service down here that wants 1 Lawn service Company to do all of their branches. Well 3 of them are an 1hr 15min away, three are 30min away, the other two are right here in town. All sites are pretty much the same in cutting, trimming & blow. I figured about 2 - 21/2 hrs each place. Two men will be doing this with the below equipment. If you could help me out it would greatly be appreciated. I have no clue how to figure in the traveling and other things that you big dogs do. PLEASE HELP!!!

2. I figure travel time just like mowing time. The truck's probably depreciating faster than the mowers. So the price is the same.

I don't mow by the hour but when I'm figuring a quote the travel time gets figured as mowing time. The overhead expense is roughly the same plus it's time I could have spent mowing.

Dave

3. mc752000

mc752000 LawnSite Member

Thanks for the info!!! You wouldn't happen to be a former Marine? I used to be in with a Haggerty from around Ohio I believe. Just curious Thanks for the info!!

4. Dr. Mow

Dr. Mow LawnSite Member

$ 1.00 - 1.75 per min. from the time you leave the shop. driving and mowing

5. Nope, Army. Besides I'm too old. My brother was a Marine but he's old too.:D
    My son is your age but he was Army also.

Was the Haggerty you knew a big man?
    Some of the family from Hillsboro are just huge. They're more closely related to Dan Haggerty the actor. (Grizzly Adams)

Dave