NEED HELP ON USED MOWER PRICING

Discussion in 'Bidding, Estimating and Pricing' started by VeteransLawnScapes, Dec 30, 2018.

1. VeteransLawnScapes

VeteransLawnScapes LawnSite Member

I have 2 mowers that I’m getting ready to list for sale. I have looked everywhere online for used pricing but I think with them not being very old there just isn’t a lot to go by right now. Any kind of pricing would be greatly appreciated. Both are Gravely

2016 Compact Pro 44 w/kawiFX691v 502hrs
    As far as condition it’s more then great In my opinion. I clean the deck 2-3x a week when used. And it gets pressure washed every week it’s used. Fits in any fence almost and cuts amazing. I have 10 sets of extra blades. I also changed them out 2-3x a week so the cut is always nice. Very well taken care of mower. Tried to post pics but I can’t sorry. Paid 6800new

2017 ProTurn 152 w/KawiFx691v 380hrs
    As far as condition it’s more then great In my opinion. I clean the deck 2-3x a week when used. And it gets pressure washed every week it’s used. I have 10 sets of extra blades. I also changed them out 2-3x a week so the cut is always nice. Very well taken care of mower still has warranty paid 7500ish new

Thank you guys for all the help!!

2. Greencuts518

Greencuts518 LawnSite Fanatic

$5k
    $6k
    just my uneducated guess but maybe less

3. Greencuts518

Greencuts518 LawnSite Fanatic

I replied to bump the thread for ya as forum has been slow with holidays

hort101 likes this.
  4. Rockbridge Lawn Care LLC

Rockbridge Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

you can try and get $5k or $6k....but I doubt they will move at those prices unless its the spring rush...and even then I dunno.... Most people don't have that cash sitting around...they would have to be (well established) pre-qualified with a bank line of credit.....in which case those type(s) of buyers are buying new to get lower interest rates, the newer and improved models etc. a person with $5-6K of buying power is looking to get a steal of a deal on your slightly used machine, or finance a new one for not much more than their buying power

generally once you put an hour on a new machine your personal re-sale value is 1/2 of MSRP.....so I would expect to sell for closer to the $3,500-$4K price point from a personal transaction perspective

HOWEVER the hours are low and a dealer may work with you on a trade in type of valuation; a 2 for brand new type of situation...where the dealer is gong to make up the difference in finance charges.

Most "used" Z's are about $3800 for pristine under 500 hrs comparative to the Exmark Lazer line which is a bit over the 152 series....

5. Mow-Daddy.com

Mow-Daddy.com LawnSite Fanatic

Ok ?
    So you post your mowers are for sale last sunday, and you haven't been back to see if anyone is even interested.
    Not good for sales !!
    Secondly, you need to post where the heck you live !!
    I'm pretty sure this is part of reason your selling them. Customers or potential customers can't get a hold of you, and your not returning calls.

I will give you $2800 on the pro stance.
    Call me ASAP.

My only concern is you've been pressure washing the deck every week? Why?

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019