Need help running my pressure washer

Discussion in 'Power Washing' started by ispy, May 22, 2018.

1. ispy

ispy LawnSite Member

I've got a little 6hp pressure washer. Water goes in, water comes out. Simple. The pump died, and I was debating buying a new one until I came across a 16hp Landa at a yard sale for less than what a pump would have cost for my other one.

PW-0.jpg

Now I want to make sure I don't screw this thing up, since it's got more hoses and valves on it than I can figure out.

I tried punching the model number into google (PGS5-35221)and got sorta close, but nothing definitive. I'm going to try and post pics. We'll see how it goes.
    This is the pump layout

PW-1.jpg

This is the water inlet side. I need to know first of all what the threaded inlet (or outlet) is above the hose. It's got a valve to open or close it. I assume it's an inlet for soap or other chemicals. Also, the knob on the unloader valve is adjustable. Is this for adjusting pressure? And what's the green knob for? I haven't tried to turn it. Does it do anything, or is it just a cap that happens to be green?

PW-3.jpg

This is the other side. What does that valve with the yellow handle control?

PW-2.jpg

Like I said, I don't want to blow this up. Probably expensive to fix.
    Any input appreciated.

Last edited: May 22, 2018
  2. Greencuts518

Greencuts518 LawnSite Fanatic

Maybe you can run 2 guns? But hopefully someone chimes in with some solid information for you. But this pw forum doesn't see as much traffic as I'd like.