1. Ask the Expert TODAY!
    Learn how to do more with less when it comes to your fertilization services. Gather your top questions about fertilization and nutrient management and join the live Ask the Expert event hosted by Koch Turf & Ornamental TODAY at 12-2 p.m. ET in the Fertilizer Application forum .

Dismiss Notice

Need help starting out!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by jbone, Mar 23, 2006.

1. jbone

jbone LawnSite Member

Ok..... Im new to the landscape business, I have been doing lots of searches and reading as much as I can but I cant get all the answers that im looking for. I need to know what good books are out there for someone like me starting out. I need everything from the basics on up. I dont plan on actually getting contracts or any business until spring 2007 because I need to save up some cash, research the industry, purchase equipment, etc. I have worked landscaping here and there in the past and I am really interested. But before I just hop into I want to have a good knowledge of ALL the basics. I am currently working out the bugs to get into snow/ice removal this upcoming winter. Also for anyone that has a small commercial landscaping comp. what type of equipment do you think would be best to start with? I would really like to hear what would be good to purchase with a tight budget and a reasonable budget. I really ppreciate the help!!!!