Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I would fly down there and help you if I could! (if we split profits)

I would say at 3-400 an acre your gonna do pretty good. But thats just a guess. I have just started researching brush hogging myself for a 50 acre bid.

How fast does it have to be done? Would you have couple months? or a couple weeks? Would you be responsible for clearing trees (2"+ )

edit:

look at the "15 foot cutter video" on this page. Is it terrian like this that this type of equipment would work on?

http://www.landpride.com/cgi-bin/pro/emAlbum.cgi?c=show_thumbs;p=Video Library/Rotary Cutters

Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,207 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
If you have the equipment, figure your hourly cost plus profit. If renting equipment, daily rental plus profit. To figure the number of hours, you probably already know this, if you have the equipment. Acres per hour, or hours per acre, depending on equipment being used. If not, ask the rental company and figure to the low side of their figure. Alot depends on terrain and what you'll be cutting.

I think it's going to be hard for anyone to help with pricing, without looking at the land you're working on.

Good Luck,
I'm sure you'll have plenty of offers to help (for a price), lol. Just add me to the list, as I am semi-retired and available (for a price) lol.:laugh:

·
Registered
365 Posts
I know we are here to help but we need some more infor. or even pics. This is what we do everyday but we are not mind readers. Image is trying to help you but 2 day ago he was asking the same thing...now he at 300 to 400 an acre with out knowing. That were be very good money but after 29 years I want not commit to it even if it was 20 miles away without looking at it.Prices can go from 14.74 an acre to 210 per acre and more depending what it is..sorry would love to help you but more infor needed..plus you do need some kind of exp. doing this kind of mowing

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I know we are here to help but we need some more infor. or even pics. This is what we do everyday but we are not mind readers. Image is trying to help you but 2 day ago he was asking the same thing...now he at 300 to 400 an acre with out knowing. That were be very good money but after 29 years I want not commit to it even if it was 20 miles away without looking at it.Prices can go from 14.74 an acre to 210 per acre and more depending what it is..sorry would love to help you but more infor needed..plus you do need some kind of exp. doing this kind of mowing
Hey Howierd, I was mainly just trying to get more info out of him so others with more experience could help. I knew that before anyone could help they would have the same questions.

But if it did go for 150,000-200,000 I doubt anyone would complain about winning that bid ;)

·
Registered
140 Posts
I would be thrilled to get it at $3-400 an acre, but don't think it is close to realistic. That could buy a very nice (brand new) $50k tractor with a batwing mower. It would pay for the diesel, labor, and still leave a nice profit margin especially if there is not a small time frame to finish. I would think $75-100/acre might be more of a realistic winning bid on this job. What do I know?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.