Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We own a Mobile Home Park and are considering purchasing a zero turn mower with the hopes of reducing mowing time. We currently are using a John Deere tractor w/ a belly mower and it takes us two days to mow. We have to cut around 88 mobile homes which are on 19 acres total.
We have one hill that has a pretty steep incline. Last summer we hired a service to mow and they had a front mounted deck ztr which they mowed the hill with.

My question is what are some of the more reliable mowers that will last a long time and is it best to get a front mounted deck?

I have looked at a John Deere but it seems that they are phasing out the front mounted units.

Thanks,

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have been mowing for mobile home parks for the last year and a half. I used a Cub Cadet 54" Tank to mow most of it. I could mow up to 100 mobile home lots in a day by myself. Some areas were too tight so I cut them with a walk behind. This year however, I am purchasing a Wright Sentar and am looking forward to getting out and using it. It is supposed to work really well on hills.

·
Registered
161 Posts
If I had to mow close to alot of mobile homes I would go with Dixie Chopper because you can close the discharge chute before you spray paint somebody's place green . They also hold a hill very well . However consider what the local dealer has in case you have to take it back to get the bugs worked out .

·
Banned
541 Posts
Originally posted by trimmerhead
I have been mowing for mobile home parks for the last year and a half. I used a Cub Cadet 54" Tank to mow most of it. I could mow up to 100 mobile home lots in a day by myself. Some areas were too tight so I cut them with a walk behind. This year however, I am purchasing a Wright Sentar and am looking forward to getting out and using it. It is supposed to work really well on hills.
I love my Sentar for hills. I have a few lawns with rather steep hills. I like how you can shift your weight on the saddle seat to keep the center of gravity where it hangs the hills. I have gotten to where I can make that sucker stick on hills I used to have to use a weedeater!:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.