Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do thread titles like this drive anyone else nuts?

I wish that everyone would put something in their thread title that gives the reader an idea of what it's about, rather than all these vague ones that seem to be multiplying lately.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I mean these so called bum threads are obiosely not "bum" in the people who wrote its eyes I would say. I mean who cares how people put there Idea,query,story etc on this site. Darryl you talk like you must be a very busy man that dosn't have much time to be waisting looking at these threads. So if you don't like em don't view them, that simple. Personaly I am potencaily interested in all threads and find these "bum threads" to have some intregue to them. sounds like your loosing sleep or somthing mate. I wouldn't let it worrie you buddy.

If your not happy with your work you may as well stay in bed:sleeping:

·
Registered
9,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Pinnacle - I'm not loosing sleep, and I AM NOT HIGH STRUNG!:D

Look at it this way, I'm trying to help out those people who wonder why they don't get any replies, because the title is meaningless.

Maybe some don't realize that the thread title should relate to the subject. Seems that way to me.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
yes those and this kind of post drive me nuts....but...while Sean has worked hard to improve the tone of most of the posts and gotten some hotheads to cool their heels, it's not likley that he and his moderators can train these hundreds/thousands of people to properly title their posts. I'm sure most of these people do not intend to aggravate us,rather, many people just "think" in segments or vague terms thus we get their half baked thread titles.

I usually just ignore them (well not always since I read yours Daryl).

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
I have never given this much thought. I just read down the posts and reply if I can help.

I can waste a tremendous amount of time on the computer doing other things.
I have to say one thing, it is an art to get people to look at your title and click to read. If this works then good for them. I click on them all the time, yes there are some that can be timewasters but then I have learned alot from others and hope I have taught others also.

Have a nice day.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
It would be very nice for anyone posting a thread to title it with something brief and concise and TO THE POINT with something relevant to their subject matter.
Using Spell Check before submitting the post would really be helpful too. Sometimes it's more trouble to figure out what is trying to be said than to reply to the subject matter.

·
Banned
726 Posts
I know exactly what you mean Darryl. I think the people that start threads like that are mostly teenagers craving attention. I started a thread like this a few months ago, “I’m gonna quit.” Same result. Many are too dense to get the point and attack the messenger.

As Rustic Goat said, clearly state the full topic and people will respond. Sometimes unforturnately.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.