1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Need Help which one..

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by airforcemike, Mar 5, 2007.

1. airforcemike

airforcemike LawnSite Member

2. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

why would you get one with such a small deck? i think it would be better to get a walk behind...

3. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

it would be cheaper then getting a Z. just through a sulky on the back of the w/b.

4. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Well I think you'd be better off getting a walk behind and using the money saved for something else.

Thing is, how well would a 36" WB pull a person around on a sulky, seeing as how they usually have smallish-horsepower motors?

5. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

just giving another reason to look into getting a w/b instead of a Z. just incase the walking was a reason for looking into getting a small Z.

6. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Yeah I agree with you, when you're going with that small of a deck, I think a WB would be more cost-effective than a Z as long as it could pull someone around OK on a sulky.

7. martinfan06

martinfan06 LawnSite Senior Member

Yes im with everyone else on this one why not save a lot of money buy a small deck w/b w/ velke. I have a toro t-bar 32" W/ 12 HP KOHLER and it pulls me as fast as I want to go,cant get much smaller combo than that and Im 5-11...235lbs on a good day.

8. airforcemike

airforcemike LawnSite Member

Well my main concern was i would be useing this machine for the same residential properties for most of the day and i didnt want to have to stand up all day if i didnt have to. I dont mind breaking of a couple extra dollars to be more comfortable.

9. martinfan06

martinfan06 LawnSite Senior Member

If you can afford it go for it............IMO I would go with the hustler over the bad boy. Never used one but from what I read and hear the hustler is good equipment.

10. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Now, your 36" wb's are comming with 15hp engines. That should be enough to pull you around. I know the 12.5 kawi on my 36" can pull my fat a$$ around with-out much problem on flat land.