• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Need help with an estimate

shopritecrisco

LawnSite Member
My husband is going to do an estimate tomorrow on this property. It's a triplex. The guy wants it cut and the hedges trimmed once a month. As you can see it's not that big. This would be his first commercial property. What would you charge? Thanks for your help.

Shopritecrisco's Wife

property.JPG

supercuts

LawnSite Silver Member
how big is the lawn?? is there a back lawn? he wants the hedges cut once per month??? id reccomend telling him they only need to be cut 2-3 times a year, they wont need it monthly. also, as for the mowing, if its just infront like the picture shows i have a $35 min, thats what id charge.

zim bob the landscaper

LawnSite Bronze Member
also what equipment are using? also for the triming id say $125 each time.

zim bob the landscaper

LawnSite Bronze Member
good luck!

lawntimenosee

LawnSite Senior Member
how big is the lawn?? is there a back lawn? he wants the hedges cut once per month??? id reccomend telling him they only need to be cut 2-3 times a year, they wont need it monthly. also, as for the mowing, if its just infront like the picture shows i have a $35 min, thats what id charge.
Here in GA we have to prune way more than 2-3 times per year..

Maybe it's just a southern thing but shrubs (especially hollies and such) grow like crazy here in the summer.

ed2hess

LawnSite Fanatic
If we see most of what needs to be done it looks like a couple hours of work max including the shrub trimming. The would put it at $60 in our area. Not much of a commericial property when they want it done monthly...I would pass and also would be surprised if they would pay the amounts stated in previous posts.