1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

need help with motors

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by lawnrangeralaska, Aug 7, 2005.

1. lawnrangeralaska

lawnrangeralaska LawnSite Senior Member

hello, today i bought a 83 blazer the smaller size blazer 4x4 with v6.
    i took it out in this creek and went through it a few times kinda fast. and it killed it and i put gas in the carb and made it run. but now it will blog down and willnt go over 15 -25 on roads. what should i do to this motor to make it run ok. the area with all the air filter and top part of the carb is all dry.

2. wushaw

wushaw LawnSite Member

Pop the distributor cap off and make sure it is dry.

3. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Make sure the engine oil is not milky or discolored. Also, be sure all electrical connections are dry. You may need to rebuild/replace your carb also. Aside from that, I am really not sure. FWIW blazers werent meant to drive through creeks.

4. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Is what you need for the abuse you described.

Those little blazers are primarily intended for short, paved runs from the Trailer Park to Wal*Mart.

5. lawnrangeralaska

lawnrangeralaska LawnSite Senior Member

thanks i will begin to look at pulling the cap off and change oil and tear apart the carb. hopefully this will solve my problems. i think next time i will make sure al lthe hoses for the air cleaner are tighten down. and im thinking permatex around d-cap for extra protection. thanks for the help

6. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

im going with this as your problem two