1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

need help with pricing

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by msauter, Jun 17, 2005.

1. msauter

msauter LawnSite Member

i'm doing a summer project for a woman in the area who i've worked for in the past. however, i have always worked inn the past with someone else, and don't know what i should be charging. he was the one that did expenses...i'm just the labor. could somebody help me with making a quote?

she wants a few things done:
    -two terraces (retaining walls) built on a moderate/steep slope. they will be approximately 10 feet in length, with lots of space between the 2 of them. these would most likely be built out of dry, stacked rock.
    -a tree is to be removed. it is just a sapling, and about 6 inches around. some of the roots are exposed and the soil around it is soft.
    -there is a VERY small creek (maybe 5 inches deep), through which rain water runs off of a nearby street. it splits into 2 paths, and she wants one filled in.
    -the remaining creek path is to be deepened and widened.
    -she would like me to install a flagstone path, and it would span about 23 feet in length.
    -she wants some grass removed
    -a small area on the edge of the creek needs to be filled with gravel and bordered by boulders

i don't know how much to charge for labor, etc. if anybody can help me price this, or refer me to a cost guide, that would be really great. thank you very much! i didn't know where else to find out.