1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum .

Dismiss Notice

Need help with quote for fall clean up.

Discussion in 'Bidding, Estimating and Pricing' started by Lone Mower, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Lone Mower

Lone Mower LawnSite Member

Good morning,

I'm a new guy just starting out in business and would appreciate some help on quoting a fall clean up for a customer...There are a lot of leaves too! The yard is appox. 17,000 sq. ft and is flat and has a fence on one side of the lot. I will be piling the leaves curbside and the city will pick them up.

Thanks again!

2. Smith Lawn & Landscaping

Smith Lawn & Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Are you tarping these leaves from back to front or blowing them? Need a little more info.

Lone Mower and hort101 like this.
  3. SJLandscapeCT

SJLandscapeCT LawnSite Member

Need to know more about your methodology.

Lone Mower and hort101 like this.
  4. Matthews Lawn Care

Matthews Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

How many trees? What type of trees? Is this a 1 time job? Is the grass cut low or is it shaggy? Any flower beds/obstacles to blow out?

Could be anywhere from $150 and up depending on the situation.

5. BigJlittleC

BigJlittleC LawnSite Gold Member
    from Chicago

If your just blowing them to the curb 2 corndogs and a liter of pop. If you have to blow out alot of beds and it's more work have them throw in some nachos.

Like the others have said. You have not provided enough information to help you.

6. Lone Mower

Lone Mower LawnSite Member

The grass is a little shaggy and will need to be cut. There is a chain link fence on 3 sides of the property that is full of leaves. There are 3 or 4 large flower beds that are full of leaves as well. There is also about half dozen trees, a large concrete driveway and patio on the rear of the house too that is covered in leaves. This is most likely is a one time deal.

7. LawnVeteran

LawnVeteran LawnSite Member

Since we can’t see it, I would charge an hourly rate. Plus mowing and maintenance

8. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

I quit estimating leaves a long time ago. Hourly or on to the next job or back home. Many new customers don't trust you to work hourly. I charge this much per hour. Well how long will it take you do it? Long time!:laugh:

kemco, oqueoque and Doc8406 like this.
  9. Doc8406

Doc8406 LawnSite Senior Member

Like I told the lady yesterday.. "till i get done"

Charles likes this.
  10. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

I sometimes give a price range. Told this old guy it would be between 200 and 300$. Well which is it? 200 or 300?:dizzy::rolleyes::realmad::laugh:

kemco and Doc8406 like this.