1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Need help with tree desion

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by MRGreenstuff, Apr 2, 2006.

1. MRGreenstuff

MRGreenstuff LawnSite Member

Hope averyone is as busy as I am!
    I have a potential client that wants (2) trees planted in her front yard, That want grow extrremely tall and not have a evasive root system do to the proxsimity of the walkway and the house, all this was discussed over the phone i am going out monday to take a look. What would you knowledgable people suggest? The house is 2 story brick.:

2. PlantSolutions

PlantSolutions LawnSite Member

Depending on how much shade/sun...a few are lagerstromia, acer palmatum, cornus kousa, stewartia, magnolia virginiana, amelancier laevis. All have varieties thqt will not get over 20-25 feet. Depends on amount of sun and drainage.

3. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

any tree you plant will have a somewhat large root system. the roots of tree go out 2-3 times the height of the tree. so a tree that is 20 feet tall can have roots 40-60 feet spreading out in a 360 degrees.