1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

need help.

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by timmac, Jun 13, 2007.

1. timmac

timmac LawnSite Senior Member

I have a hustler super z and today when I started mowing, the mower didn't seem as fast. I kept on mowing though. On my first yard near the end I started smelling a strange smell (hydro oil). when i finished i raised my seat and there was hydro oil everywhere. It seemed like it was coming out where you put the oil in. I didn't mow anymore yards. What do you think is the problem? I have no clue. Taking it to the dealer tomorrow.

2. KTO Enterprises

KTO Enterprises LawnSite Bronze Member

Possibly overfilled

3. timmac

i've been mowing all year and had no problem with it yet. i did get it back from the dealer today for a different issue(not mowing level). they didnt say anything about adding any oil to it.

4. timmac

anybody else?

5. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Uh, probably a leaking hyro hose or fitting...

6. khouse

khouse LawnSite Bronze Member

Vent plugged?

7. timmac

what does this mean?

8. khouse

There's got to be a vent in the hydro reservoir tank. Either by itself or in the fill cap. I may let it build up pressure in the tank.

9. timmac

took it to the dealer this morning and he said the way it looked that the oil cooler vent needed to be cleaned. I just washed my mower last week, could I have stopped it up when I washed it?

10. khouse

You never know -maybe?