Need ideas for lawn care schedule.

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Mownmachine144, Apr 15, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Mownmachine144

Mownmachine144 LawnSite Senior Member

I've been needing a schedule for a quite a while. Our business days are
    Sunday and Thursday, don't ask me why it's just they way it is.. I would like to be able to add Tuesday's or Monday's but don't know how that will work out.

Any help is very Very Very much appreciated!

2. Mowing monkey.

Mowing monkey. LawnSite Senior Member

I don’t understand the question?? I try to do all of my mowing on Friday and if someone wants it done right now I quote it at double price and they usually decline.

3. Mumblingboutmowers

Mumblingboutmowers LawnSite Senior Member

I think that it is pretty much impossible to set a schedule. Rain interferes all of the time. Not sure why you are mowing on Sundays unless it's commercial. Most residential customers that I deal with don't want you roaming the yard on their weekend time.

4. Caledwen

Caledwen LawnSite Member

I schedule certain areas of the city on certain days of the week to keep me from running all over town burning time and gas just driving.

5. Mowing monkey.

Mowing monkey. LawnSite Senior Member

I also don’t mow on Sunday unless I’m running behind and it’s a vacant property.

6. Matthews Lawn Care

Matthews Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

Hard to create a schedule when you only mow 2 days a week. If it rains on 1 of those days(and it will rain) your screwed for a week. That’s the fun part(sarcasm) of being part time.

Not really much anyone can help you with unless someone can control the weather.

Doc8406 likes this.
  7. Caledwen

Caledwen LawnSite Member

I avoid mowing on Sunday like it's the plague.

Doc8406 likes this.
  8. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

You really need to explain your situation more thoroughly if you expect any sort of helpful advice.
    What you've posted doesn't make much sense - you need a schedule - and you work on Sunday and Thursday. Doesn't that make "Thursday and Sunday" your "schedule"?

What exactly are you asking?

Mow-Daddy.com, JMK26 and hort101 like this.
  9. OP
    OP
    Mownmachine144

Sorry I was not specific. I guess I deleted my text by mistake sorry about that. :rolleyes:.. I have 7 clients in one neighborhood that are 4 minutes away from where I stay, the clients are all fairly close to each other, it's a very easy route. I can literally ride my ztr to each house. There's another neighborhood with 2 clients that's 10 minutes away from the 7 clients. The real problem is my clients that are 35 and 40 minutes away from the closest neighborhood, both clients are the exact opposite from each other.
    I'm in debate wether I should do my 7 and 2 clients close to me on the same day and do all the far people the next cutting day or.. just Break the ones close to me up and do half on each day. This is what I wrote on the post but something happened to it i guess i don't know.

10. OP
    OP
    Mownmachine144

Sorry for the thick text:laugh: