Lawn Care Forum banner

need ideas

1K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  ajlandscaping 
#1 ·
i was givin the oppurtunity by a professional photographer to do a job for him in the corner of his lot its a 24 by 14 foot area i need some ideas on what i could do for the place that he could take pictures on

open to all ideas

#3 ·
Some Ornamental grasses like
Miscanthus senisis"Morning Light"
Pennisetum setaceum "Rubrum"
Deer grass or zebra grass
a wisteria tree
several Cecil Brunner climbing roses on a small arbor or arch with a bench in it
a flagstone circle with a seat or chair made out of stone and the grasses,a small tree and bright perennial flowers and dwarf conifers in a border bed behind the flag circle
a standing swing on a grass ( sod ) area with flower border and as above said use boulders and or lg rock formations.
Or a patio of stone witha seat and with thyme growing in between the stones and different sizes and shapes planted with flowers and grasses..that way he could or you could easily move them around and change and replant them for different shots and subjects

There are a bizzillion things you can do use your imagination and the clients too .Ask him questions about what -when- how he likes to shoot,what would make him and his subject the most comfortable year round.

#6 ·
Look at some of his photos and get an idea of what type of outdoor setting he likes. Walk in the woods and just look for that perfect setting and bring it to the spot.
Have your customer take some photos of what he would like. Many ideas....just be creative.

#8 ·
Well then why not say so in the first place instead of making it sound like he was A customer,if he's paying you for it then treat him like you would any other customer ands get the info.If he's not paying you for it ,and your dad should get the work free,then don't even bother to ask us just work it out yourself and learn to use your imagination and brain for yourself and don't pick ours for something that
is not really a job.

#9 ·
thats why i didn't say he was my dad at first bc i didn't want the whole just mess around thing he won't mind answer he knows i come onto sites like this and told me to ask for ideas making it sound like he is a customer of mine the whole point of him asking me to do this is because i hope to in a couple years open a landscaping crew and being the corner he has me working in is very much overgrown by vines and weeds and rotted wood he thinks it will help me out in the longrun when i do some landscaping for others to be able to show them a before and after picture of it to impress people and the change that took place.

i have my own ideas already i just wanted to see what others would think would be cool ideas for something like that. when all is done i will show both pics of before and after

thanks for the few ideas from you all i hope to get started soon

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.