Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to say thank you in advance for any input. I’m new to the site, but I have read a lot of great info here. As you can see I’m new to the business (April 2008), and started my business with what I could afford (mostly Troy-Bilt equipment from Lowe’s). I did buy an Echo SMR-210, which I do like a lot except for the low handle (I’m 5’10” but I have short arms:dancing: and this thing kills my back). However, the TB blower sucks. I have 13 residents, one business, and five vacant lots in one sub. Don’t think I’m doing too bad just starting off.

So my question is:
Which BP blower and string trimmer would you recommend? I’ve heard good things about the Husqvarna blowers as well as the Echos (but I don’t like the idea of left hand throttles). As far as the trimmers go, I do like the Echo 210. I would like to get another trimmer and have heard good things about the Redmax.

What do ya’ll think? Pros and Cons please.

·
Registered
601 Posts
GLC-- Welcome to LS. As far as the handle on your 210, you can loosen up the 4 screws and slide the handle up or down. Which ever way is comfortable for you. And for the blower, most major models offer hip mounted throttle (left side) or tube mounted (right side) right on the handle that attaches to the blower tube.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Welcome aboard. We all have our favorite brands. Most folks on here are using Stihl, Echo, Redmax, Shindiawa, Tanaka, Husky, and Kawi. (I'm sure I've missed one or two) Go to the nearest dealer that you trust and only buy commercial stuff.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Hi,

Good luck in your new business. I use all echo but there are better units in some sizes (especially those with larger motors). I have had a large shop before and I find that there are more interchangeable parts from size to size in echo than other brands.

I totally agree with the above advise. Find a local commercial dealer that services their equipment. I would also ask about the quality of the mechanic/s working there. Many shops have great salesmen and horrendous service personnel.

echoman

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok guys, I have access to Redmax (Dealer), Echo (Dealer & Home Depot), and Husqvarna (at Lowe’s). I need a new Blower for sure, this Troy-Bilt (P.O.S.) is not working properly. So it’s between the 3 brands above. I’m also wanting a 2nd String Trimmer. Is the Redmax really that much better than the Echo?:hammerhead:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.