• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Need info on taxing!!!

eagelz19er

LawnSite Member
I am just starting up a basic landscape maintenance and install proprietorship and am looking for info. on how to tax. Do I simply file profit as income on my normal tax forms when April comes around? I don't have tons of clients so wont be making enough $ to have to file with any complicated forms. Just doing it on the side while I get my hort. degree. Thanks for any help!

Premo Services

LawnSite Bronze Member
If you want to do it legal, I would talk to an accountant, they will get you set up. All income, all expenses put into catagories and totaled. Best advice get an accountant!!!!!!!!

Team Gopher

LawnSite Platinum Member
Hi eagelz19er,

Why not set up a meeting with a local CPA and get yourself started with some good advice?

MacLawnCo

LawnSite Bronze Member
all you have to do is file a schedule C with your typical 1040, but do talk to an accountant please

gr8cutter

LawnSite Member
As a sole prop. you file a schedule C as Mac said. Also check with a prof acct. There are also rules about ficticious name certificates etc. depending on state laws.