1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

need input on riverdale cool power,millennium

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ant, Mar 17, 2001.

1. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

looking to switch from lesco momentoum to riverdale's cool power and there millennium.
    i am useing a low volume sprayer that puts out 8 oz per 1000 sf of spray mixture.

any of you use riverdale?
    cost of the product?
    thanks
    anthony

2. Kent Lawns

Kent Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Why?

Momentum has 2,4-D, Triclopyr & Clopyralid.
    Millennium has 2,4-D, Dicamba & Clopyralid. (or is it Triclopyr?)

Either way, they're similar products, and cost similar amounts. Not much difference.

I'd spray Trimec 992 or straight 2,4-D on a couple of rounds if you wanted to save money and straight Confront on one round.

3. Mscotrid

Mscotrid LawnSite Bronze Member
    from USA

Riverdale's coolpower is marketed by lesco as (3way ester). Millineum has dicamba and Momentum has triclopyr. Check the lable and you will see Lesco's Momentum uses a cleaner and higher grade of 2-4-d than Millineum.

4. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

If you want to kill henbit, a nasty weed in these parts, you'll want dicamba in your 3-way. I've used generics and others, tri-mec works the best. Dave g

5. mmorgan

mmorgan LawnSite Member

Anthony,
    Have we had this discussion before?

6. Rodney Anderson

Rodney Anderson LawnSite Member

I have been using horse power ( amine) and cool power
    (ester) for a couple of years now and they both work very well for me. As i have started my early spring apps i see no weed activity left over from last year. Horse power has a faint odor and the cool power has a stronger odor of kerosene but not bad. If you want to rid your use of 2,4-D these products are tops on my list and will not change any time soon.