Need more info on getting a License.

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by troutfishing15, May 24, 2008.

  1. troutfishing15

    troutfishing15 LawnSite Member
    Messages: 23

    Well im 18 and my boss of my lawn company told me that it would really benefit me if i got a License to spray fertilizer and pesticides.. Im pretty smart when it comes to Chemistry but dont know where to start and what the regulations of obtaining a License or where to start Thanks Everyone
  2. greenviewlandscaper

    greenviewlandscaper LawnSite Member
    Messages: 50

    go to your local agriculture department tell them you are intrested in becoming a certified pesticide sprayer in this county cause a licensed sprayer is one who has his or her own business and has to supervise others who are spraying. I dont know where you are from but in california its an extra 25 dollars and no additional testing for the actual license. Anyway tell them that and they should give you the info on where to go and study material to use for your test. What they will do is give you an application. fill out the app send it in youll probably have to pay, up here its 120 dollars take the test pass it and you got your certificate.

Share This Page