1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Need Mower To Get In 32 Inch Gates!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by VNAMUS, May 27, 2006.

1. VNAMUS

VNAMUS LawnSite Member

I am mowing in a sub-division that has 32 inch gates. I have a cc z-wing, but it will squeeze into a 36 inch gate. All the 32 inch walk behinds I have found are 32 inch cut, so they are about 34 inches wide. It must be commercial! Right now we are using a 21 inch mower and it takes forever! I would prefer one with pneumatic tires and caster front wheels, but at this point I'm not going to be picky.

2. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

32" wright stander. Its 32.5" wide.

3. CWRSNY

CWRSNY LawnSite Member

hmm, I was in the same position.....Theres the Exmark 26" push...but i hear its under powered.

4. VNAMUS

VNAMUS LawnSite Member

Yeah, I havn't heard anything good about the Snapper 26 inch, or the Exmark 26 inch. I looked at a Snapperpro 32 inch hydro last week. It looked good, but I would have to either install the mulch kit or do some modifications to the chute to get in the gates. I think I could squeeeeeeeeze it into the gates, but it would be real close and I havn't heard from anyone that had one to see how they liked it.

5. Ray3333

Ray3333 LawnSite Member

I have 2010 Exmark 34 Inch Hydro rider For Sale. Fits threw all gates.

6. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

toro 32 t bar. enough said

7. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

This is a dumb statement. 32in wide gate and you're trying to sell him a 34in mower. Then claim it fits through all gates.

8. THG

THG LawnSite Member

Does the property have enough room to put in a wider gate? If the property is worth buying a new mower then you may be better off putting in a wider gate.

9. BINKY1902

BINKY1902 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from South

Maybe a 30" Sarlo would work for you. It has three speeds as well, and comes with around a 11 hp engine. They are right around $1,500. They also make a 26" for around $1,200. American made as well.

10. Ray3333

Ray3333 LawnSite Member

Standard 32 inch gate is actually 34. That's why a 34 mower was made. Measure it.
    Posted via Mobile Device