1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Need my lawn aerated

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by BostonBull, Mar 21, 2009.

1. BostonBull

BostonBull LawnSite Senior Member

I live in Haverhill, MA and I am looking for someone to aerate my lawn soon. I have tried two local guys in the past that I found on my own. one never showed, the other is now out of business.

my lawn is small, less than 2500sq/ft.

if anyone is interested in this job, or is willing to make a recommendation for someone who I may be able to hook up with, that would be great!

thanks guys!

2. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

Why do you need aerate in the spring?

3. BostonBull

Why not..........?

Last edited: Mar 22, 2009
  4. wallzwallz

wallzwallz LawnSite Senior Member

BostonBull, I don't aerate in the spring because it opens it up to weeds. The best time is early September, but here in New England everyone calls in the spring. I think that's The Lawn Company and True greens brain washing.

5. BostonBull

My dogs tore up my lawn real good this winter. I was going to aerate, seed, and compost.......

6. Smallaxe

There are better seedbeds than you create with an aerator...

7. BostonBull

you talking about a slit seeder......?

8. Smallaxe

That's one, a rake is another, a broadcaster is another - it all depends on the situation and what's available.
    The only reason you seed with an aeration job is because - you might as well...
    The aeration is NOT for the benefit of the seed bed, but for another reason.