1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Need new trimmer suggestions

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by BrianK, Jun 6, 2003.

1. BrianK

BrianK LawnSite Member

I live on 5 acres with a lot of trees and some brush. My trimmer just died on me, and I am needing a reliable new trimmer for my property. I am wanting to spend around $200 - $250. What would be the best / most reliable one in that price range? Also, what are the advantages of the straight shaft versus the curved shaft.

Also, I would like to be able to add attachments if that is possible in this price range.

Thanks for all suggestions.

2. Grass Master

Grass Master LawnSite Senior Member

Try the Echo PAS trimmer series....you can add an edger, pruner, hedge clipper etc. in the future for much less money than buying each unit seperately. PAS-230 with trimmer is going to be around $300.

Echo is well known for quality and has a strong dealer network and good parts support which is very important.

3. longviewlawncare

longviewlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

no attachments just bought a Redmax BCZ2500S It is the best trimmer i have ever owned. It is about 299 though. A little more than what you are looking for but they have a model around 250 though. Go to your dealer and check them out.

4. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

as mentione above the split shaft trimmer by Echo is a very good product. For some unknown reason, getting the drive cable synch'd up when you change attachments can sometimes be a minor headache, but I would but this unit again in a heartbeat.

Never used anything but Echo so cant comment on other brands

5. bluebeard

bluebeard LawnSite Member
    from ny

6. Jimmy348

Jimmy348 LawnSite Member

Sacrafice a night out to dinner, spend the extra 50-100 and pick up the Redmax. You won't regret it.:)