need opinion on best stand on lawn aerator

wdwerker32

LawnSite Member
Looking at a Z Plugger by LT Rich. Any opinion. Rented a Toro last year and while it was OK, I wasn't all that impressed. Foot controls suck and I thought is was really awkward and uncomfortable. Did close to 300 aerations so it wasn't just a yard or 2 I'm basing this on. Exmark is pretty much identical to Toro. Looking for honest feedback. Thanks in advance

grass4gas

LawnSite Bronze Member
I can't speak about the Z plugger, but I have the exmark and have been very happy with it when I bought it in 2013. The machine does have it quirks, but what machine doesn't. I have not had any problems with mine because I am solo.

A rental machine is going to be used, misused and abused; kinda like what most employees do to equipment.

The ryan is similar to the exmark, but it does have the self-adjusting chains and the switch is on the console and not on the platform.

The stinger tops them all apparently from what I have read.

OP
W

wdwerker32

LawnSite Member
Looking at a Z Plugger by LT Rich. Any opinion. Rented a Toro last year and while it was OK, I wasn't all that impressed. Foot controls suck and I thought is was really awkward and uncomfortable. Did close to 300 aerations so it wasn't just a yard or 2 I'm basing this on. Exmark is pretty much identical to Toro. Looking for honest feedback. Thanks in advance

andersman02

LawnSite Bronze Member
Turfco over the toro/exmarks, stinger over the turfco. Especially if you are seeding.

My .02

Jake the grass guy

LawnSite Senior Member
bought a quad 3000 with seedbox this year. stinger seems to be the top of the line. i have ran the 3000 and 3600 and they are heavy duty great machines. ive ran the toros and exmarks and the stingers are hands down better. havent ran a zplugger before.

DA Quality Lawn & YS

LawnSite Fanatic

JawT

LawnSite Member
Sorry to add to an old thread, but if the nearest Turfco dealer is 100 miles from me, and same with the nearest Stinger dealer, should I still buy a Stinger and hope I can find a mechanic near me to service it? Near me all I could buy at a dealer would be Toro/Exmark. The prices are all about the same as I see it, so I would rather have the best. But I'm not driving 100 miles to get it repaired. Thoughts? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Eagles71

LawnSite Member
I bought the Exmark stander bc dealer is within 20 minutes of me. The shipping costs on new unit, future shipping costs on parts, and no Turfco dealer was deciding factor for me. I preferred Kawasaki engine as well.

andersman02

LawnSite Bronze Member
Stinger is the better machine if your using the seed box, slightly better if your not, than the turfco. Your choice.

Personally we fix almost everything in house on that smaller stuff, so drive time isn't as important

Top Forums