Need pictures of cub cadet xp spreader sprayer

Heartland1

LawnSite Member
I just recently bought a Cub Cadet XP spreader, and I plan to piece together the add-on sprayer unit with the two 5 gallon tanks. Rittenhouse sells the unit for $1000, but I have a lot of the parts(pump, nozzles, hose, regulator, etc.)from another build I made for a ride on mower, so I think I can build it for 1/3 the cost. I have also ordered the two tanks. However, I still need to fabricate the plate that the tanks and pump mount to, as well as the nozzle brackets. I've been unable to find good pics online, and no dealers have this model since Cub Cadet has discontinued them. I'd like to see how Cub makes them so I can replicate/improve their design.

If anyone has a XP spreader sprayer, and would be willing to post some close-up pics of the nozzle brackets(especially the middle nozzle) and the main mounting plate, I would sincerely appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

rlong97150

LawnSite Member
I would recomend that you look at the Gregson Clark spreader mate and purchase the boom kit they have available (they will sell it separate). I have the XP Spreader Sprayer and wasnt terribly happy with the results I was seeing with the three individual nozzles Cub uses. I was going to purchase the Spreader Mate and use the boom in place of the Cub nozzles and well as the tank for additional capacity and weight for the front. Turns out that I just picked up several 500k sq ft properties so I ordered a z-max instead. The Cub is a good machine at a great price but I have no interest doing 15 acre parcels with it. Mine is all cleaned up and winterized but let me know if you need any particular pictures.

Thanks

Bob

OP
H

Heartland1

LawnSite Member
Thanks rlong. I can see how the boom would create better results. That's why I've always been skeptical of the permagreen. I'll consider that when I'm putting mine together. I use mine for smaller lawns that are about 8-10k on average. I'm just afraid the boom would catch too much on obstacles and break the thing. I'm actually thinking of mounting a smaller boom in the middle. Still, I would love to see the pics of plate that the tanks mount to, and the center nozzle just in case. I want to make sure the plate is sturdy enough to handle the weight, and provide clearance, etc.

rlong97150

LawnSite Member
Shoot me an email (you dont have enough posts to private message yet) with a brief description of the pictures you are looking for and I will take them for you. My email address is my user name at gmail dot com.

BTW, where are you going to get power from? That was one thing that pushed me to the spreader sprayer was the alternator.

Thanks

Bob

RigglePLC

LawnSite Fanatic
You can always put a double pulley on the motor or a pulley for a v-belt on an axle or spinner or anything that spins--you can power a belt-drive pump.

Of course electric pump is easier if you have power coming out of the motor.

OP
H

Heartland1

LawnSite Member
Regarding the power supply, I plan to use deep cycle batteries. I'll set it up so they can be swapped out quickly, then carry a backup. I'm also thinking of replacing the engine with something stronger that has a charging coil, but I'm having trouble finding a replacement. The 7/8 inch shaft is rare, an 1 inch is much more common. So I'm thinking I'd have to find a drive pulley with a 1 inch bore. Does anyone know of a stronger replacement engine with a 7/8 shaft? Or does anyone know where to get the 1 inch bore pulley?
Posted via Mobile Device