Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
5,332 Posts
That is a "Rip Off" price for a Silver Eagle. The Silver Eagle series is the entry level line for D.C. Better find another dealer, he is about $2000.00 too high compared to prices at our dealer here.

· Registered
5,332 Posts
I saw one like you are looking at that was for sale on another forum. Asking price was $4500.00, and he had no takers.
ZTR's depreciate about like new automobiles. After you mow one time, they lose 1/3 or more of their value. A one year old ZTR, with low hours, should sell for about half of the new price as a rule of thumb.

· Registered
5,332 Posts
In 06, they were advertised as residential machines. now, the D.C. Website shows them as entry level commercial, or top-of-the-line homeowner.
For light duty, part time commercial use, they might be ok. For day in and day out mowing, they will not last long.

· Registered
5,332 Posts
If it may become your primary mower in the future, then I would pass. I have owned some of the heavire built D.C. machines in the past. I have read a lot about the problems the Silver Eagle series have had ,when owners try to use them for commercial work. A good price, will not make up for the troubles you may have to suffer through in the future, with this machine.

· Registered
5,332 Posts
If you do not have a local D.C. dealer, then do not buy it. Parts for D.C. machines are not as commonly available aftermarket as parts for Exmarks, etc. Also, about the only place you can get Generac engine parts are at D.C. dealers. Generac parts are very hard to find elsewhere.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.