• CA Lessons: Landscaping To Reduce Wildfire Risk
    While there are no ways to fireproof a property, there are strategies to design and maintain landscapes for reduced vulnerability. Click here to learn more.

Need replacement ideas

I'm looking to replace these Kim 120V Path lights with something similar. I would like to stick with a 120V solution rather than convert all of them over to 12V. I would also prefer to go to a brass product if possible as these are in an exposed, sea-side location. Lets see what you all come up with!
2019-12-03 11.37.57.jpg
2019-12-03 11.38.29.jpg

starry night

LawnSite Platinum Member
Hmmm. Very interesting. Although intended for line voltage, it looks to me that with a socket converter it could be used with 12v LED lamps and power.

starry night

LawnSite Platinum Member
Yes, I was referring to the 40" brass bollard. Looks like there would be a commercial usage.

Alan B

Sponsor
Aurora makes great lights. Not every project can absorb paying several thousands more for the fixtures needed and waiting many weeks for them to be custom built. Especially when there are other options that are solid brass, lifetime warranty, UL/cUL listed, in stock for same day delivery at 1/3 the price.

Thanks for the bollard suggestion. It looks nice but would have required a lot of reworking of the 120V supply circuits, junction boxes and mountings. In the end, I found that KIM is still making the Bell path light, and now in brass with either a natural or verde finish. There was no room in the budget for Auroralight.

Alan B

Sponsor
Thank you for the kind words. Best of luck on the project.
Happy New Year!

Alan

PlantscapeSolutions

LawnSite Gold Member
That old light looks like a shop class project gone rogue. Sometimes you have to beat some sense into customers.