• Landscape Lighting Design: Bright Ideas
    With outdoor spaces more popular than ever, lighting these landscapes may be your next opportunity. Click here to learn more.

Need serious help

jeff_0

LawnSite Senior Member
Customer has 66700 sq ft. 85% weeds. I told him the yard needed to be renovated. soil is clay and a few rocks here and there. I was thinking it needs about 2-3 inches of top soil. I know there's some type of attachment you can rent for a bobcat that flips the soil over. If anyone knows what it's called it would be helpful) all flat ground with a slight incline. Any suggestions for getting this job done and what price range you would charge.

Lazer_Z

LawnSite Silver Member
You mean a hydro powered tiller??? Aslo a machine called the RotaDairon i'm sure you have heard of that. It runs off a tractor PTO. Hope this helps & good luck.

OP
J

jeff_0

LawnSite Senior Member
Thanks, anyone have a idea of what they would charge. And should top toil be added or compost? :)

OP
J

jeff_0

LawnSite Senior Member
no one has any idea of a price

Lawn-Scapes

LawnSite Silver Member
Do you have any idea yourself? Do you know how much top soil you will need to cover 66700 sf with 2-3"?

Personally, I would wait 'til September to do this job......

BTW... How did the last job/bid go?

Four Season's

LawnSite Member
jeff 0, So the lawn is something like 300' by 220'?
I don't know if my math is right but its going to take quite a bit of loam for this job. I figured to cover 66, 700 sq. ft with 3" of loam to be 617 yards. (66,700/27= 2470 yds at 1 foot deep, a 1/4 of that amount would be 617 yards) How are you planning on spreading this loam?
I paid something like $13-15 / yard last summer which gives you a figure of at least $8000, just in loam.

rmartin

LawnSite Member
to cover 66000sf of area 3''deep you need 612 yards of loam times that by say 15.00 per yard (if lucky) and you are looking at almost $9200. just for dirt. good luck selling that to a customer.

AL Inc

LawnSite Bronze Member
I second the idea of subbing it out. Put some money in your pocket and not break a sweat.

OP
J

jeff_0

LawnSite Senior Member
i did the wrong thing, i didn't call him back.. i would have time to do the work anyway.. too much work coming my way