need some advice about pressure washing

Discussion in 'Power Washing' started by neileo, Jan 22, 2017.

1. neileo

neileo LawnSite Member
    from -

im hoping to offer pressure washing next year and i have been trying to find good information on it, im sure there are forums out there already answering this question i just am not sure how to find them. when you get a driveway job do you guys use a single nozzle wand? or do you have something else that does just as good and covers more surface area, whenever ive done my own driveway i use my wand, and i saw some pricing techniques just thought id get your opinions on that, then finally i was curious, do you guys usually supply your own water or do you just hook up to the clients house? any advice would be appriciated

2. Everett Abrams

Everett Abrams LawnSite Member

Surface cleaners are a must. Cuts your time at least in half, does a much better job, and no stripes

3. OP
    OP
    neileo

neileo LawnSite Member
    from -

Thanks for the reply, do you suggest a specific model or brand? I've never use anything other than my wand with the concrete head one it

4. PropMaintSolutions

PropMaintSolutions LawnSite Member

I bought a $99 Dewalt brand one from home depot and that got me by for about 3- 4 driveways. Then I returned it (it broke within 90 days) and got a 20" BE surface cleaner and it is WAY nicer. The ag pro near me has them. Just look for pressure washing supply stores near you. Mine was 350 plus tax.

Oh Important note. In order to use the big 20" you need the 4000 psi pressure washers. Not sure what equipment you have.

5. Everett Abrams

Everett Abrams LawnSite Member

I also have 3 BE's and 2 Steel Eagles, Whisper Wash is another that contractors use.

6. OP
    OP
    neileo

neileo LawnSite Member
    from -

Alright I'll deffinitally look into getting a surface cleaner, I have to go check but I'm pretty sure my washer is under 4000 psi, would this be alright for say the 15" surface cleaner? And do you guys just hook up to clients water or do you supply the water?

7. PropMaintSolutions

I hook up to clients water source.

That being said I am currently building what I call my "no water available" trailer set up and would love any pointers from people who have done this before.

8. OP
    OP
    neileo

neileo LawnSite Member
    from -

It would obviously be easiest to just hook up to their water, but I was thinking does that change anyone's pricing structure? And if you provided water by hauling a tote around what difference do you charge

9. PropMaintSolutions

I mean I normally charge 200 for a house (not including a driveway) and for this one I'm charging 325. But that's because I don't have the tank set up and have to buy a pump bring my trailer ect ect..

And the only reason im doing it is because there isnt any water at the property.

10. PropMaintSolutions

Normally bringing your own tanks is because you've made a pre chemical mix to use on roofs or driveways or house. I'm really not versed in it though I would like to learn more about it