Need some Advice

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by diesel dork, Jun 23, 2007.

  1. diesel dork

    diesel dork LawnSite Member
    Messages: 4

    I've been a lurker on here for a while and have really enjoy the site.

    Now for my situation, currently I'm a self employed handyman. I keep myself busy three or four days a week but recently I couple of the older folks I do stuff for have asked about mowing. From reading the site I know that licensing is possibly needed and I will probably need some additional/specialized insurance. So my question is does anyone on here know anything about the great state of Kansas and it licensing. Also does anyone else do the handyman/lawn-care thing.

    Also just so you know its only 2 or 3 yards.

  2. bohiaa

    bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic
    Messages: 5,220

    I wouldn't bother with licensing.

    2 to 3 lawns insurance would not be worth it.....
  3. diesel dork

    diesel dork LawnSite Member
    Messages: 4

    At what point would ls/ins be worth it?
  4. echeandia

    echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,131

    Don't you have insurance for your handyman work? I would think it would cover mowing in addition to the other services you provide.

Share This Page