1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Need some advice

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Roger Wilkerson, Mar 19, 2008.

1. Roger Wilkerson

Roger Wilkerson LawnSite Member

I have 3.5 acres, two of which I mow. I currently have a CC LT 1046 and it is not adequate to the task for several reasons, the primary one being the slopes. I am not sure how steep but I have darn near turned her over several times. I am starting a massive landscaping project this year which includes downsizing the mowed portion of the yard. Creating a buffer zone of mulch, rock etc, and returning the outer portions to native. I currently work 65 hours per week or more so I need to come up with a solution that will allow me to mow quickly, have a loader when I need it, run a box blade and aerate and seed as needed. I am thinking compact tractor but need some advice on what would be appropriate for my needs. The maintenance will be ongoing as well as a new project of cleaning up my woods forthcoming. Save me some time guys please. The last thing I want to do is over buy and end up with more machine than I can use.

recap

1. mowing
    2. loader
    3. refurb lawn
    4. grading & plowing

Sorry for the length of my post, Roger