Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi. i found a trailer for sale:

$500

-6x16 tandem axle
-new tires
-good solid frame
-it has wood on the floor that is rotten, so i will be replacing it with mesh or wood. Which one should i do? estimate on that??

it DOES NOT have a gate on it, so i would be putting one on there. any estimates on how much that would be??

MY Question is..: ill be getting my uncles '95 4-cylinder nissan truck.

Will the truck pull the trailer?:confused:? everyone i talk to is like blah blah your not gunna be able to get out of the parking lot with it!!!!

so, i thought id ask the professionals on here.:cool2::weightlifter::usflag:

thanks!!:weightlifter:

·
Registered
701 Posts
I would probably pass on the trailer. Sounds like you'll be spending another at least another $300-400 getting it fixed like you want. With any kind of load on it such as a zero-turn and other equipment, there will be a strain on the Nissan.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok. thanks!

does anyone know where i can get the tailgate installed on the trailer?? and how much would it roughly be? thanks

original ?...can a 4cyl truck pull a 16ft trailer??

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would probably pass on the trailer. Sounds like you'll be spending another at least another $300-400 getting it fixed like you want. With any kind of load on it such as a zero-turn and other equipment, there will be a strain on the Nissan.
Ok. thanks.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I don't doubt it will pull it-the question is long term-it's not good on the Nissan's transmission to be daily pulling and stopping and starting off with that big of a trailer-I assume it has a wooden floor?? (even more weight)--if it were me, I wouldn't risk it-not to mention that a 4-cyl. nissan isn't going to stop near as well as say a full size or 3/4 ton truck. I would recommend getting trailer brakes put on-that will help in that dept. but like I said-long term-not good for the Nissan-but-just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i guess ill pass on the trailer.

would a 6x12 trailer be too big for a 4cylinder?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Rule of thumb with trailer is brakes is , anytime the load you're pulling outweighs the vehicle thats pulling the load tralier brakes are crucial. As ERIC stated "long term" is where you'll have the problems. Brakes, tranny, clutch (if manual) etc. etc. .... GO ISUZU NPR :weightlifter:

·
Registered
173 Posts
i guess ill pass on the trailer.

would a 6x12 trailer be too big for a 4cylinder?
Too many variables in that question .. Hows the trailer built ? How heavy? Whats the load capacity? The Nissan would pull the trailer by itself OK , but aubviously its going to be loaded down most of the time..so in MY opinion it'd be too much of a risk.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok, well id have a ZTR on there with a 36" walkbehind and maybe a push mower. the floor would probably be wooden. standard frame..... still to much???

·
Registered
173 Posts
Its borderline bro. I think you'd get by just be careful. If you're just starting out then you got a good start. I remeber not too long ago when i started out people prolly thought the Beverly Hillbillys just pulled up to mow their lawn :laugh: . I had a 6x12 enclosed w/ barn doors, not the fold down door, and i used aluminum ramps to back my 60" kubota out of it with ! :dizzy: man o' man , but hey, it got me started :walking:

·
Registered
428 Posts
yeah, man-it's hard to start out first class---but work your way up and one day you'll own an NPR like Ford here-he's first class now:cool2:-not Sanford and Son-lol--just don't beat your head in in the mean time:hammerhead::hammerhead:

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ok.... so what size trailer would fit my requirements???

i plan on having a ZTR and a 36" walkbehind on there. just letting you know...

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
anyone????........

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.