Lawn Care Forum banner
41 - 60 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
Ive got deere, hustler, wright, exmark, and toro in 52 inch or bigger in my fleet. My personal recommendation would be a hustler super z. In 60" or larger deck. The deere is a great mower but I wont buy another one. I prefer my hustler and my exmark for the sit downs.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Gonna make a decision this weekend....

Grasshopper 226v 52". Vanguard 810cc, 26 HP, ZT-4400 hydros $8300

John Deere z915e 48" Kohler Command Pro engine (private labeled JD), Tuff Torque, 7 Iron II deck $9300

Scag Tiger Cat II, 48", 22 HP Kawasaki FX, V2 deck $10300

What is the best buy? Cutting a lot of nasty ole Bahia in N. FL....

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Ferris isx800 52inch with the kawft730. $8k

Cuts like a dream. Hands down the best ride in the industry. And by far the prettiest mower of the bunch.
Go team red!

:)
I like that Ferris mower, it does ride good...but I thought that I heard that they're cut wasn't well thought of in the deep south? That it was made more for Northern grass?

·
Registered
24,992 Posts
Gonna make a decision this weekend....

Grasshopper 226v 52". Vanguard 810cc, 26 HP, ZT-4400 hydros $8300

John Deere z915e 48" Kohler Command Pro engine (private labeled JD), Tuff Torque, 7 Iron II deck $9300

Scag Tiger Cat II, 48", 22 HP Kawasaki FX, V2 deck $10300

What is the best buy? Cutting a lot of nasty ole Bahia in N. FL....
JD has the better hydros (and deck IMO), but I would still opt for that GH over the others.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I like the Scag the best of your posted options, also agree is most HD of the bunch. GH sounds to be great option as well, maybe would ride a little nicer if that is a consideration for your son? With the Bahia, I would choose the one with fastest blade tip speed.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
I like the Scag the best of your posted options, also agree is most HD of the bunch. GH sounds to be great option as well, maybe would ride a little nicer if that is a consideration for your son? With the Bahia, I would choose the one with fastest blade tip speed.
I can't find a blade tip speed spec for the GH....

Why would the GH ride better? Perhaps because it's a bit smaller/lighter?

·
Registered
24,992 Posts
The only place the Velocity plus deck is almost 1/2" thick is in the areas right around the spindle(s), and it is a rather small area. The front, side and rear skirts are all 7 gauge as is a large part of the deck's top. It is not any stronger than the 7 Iron. The radiused areas around the spindles on the 7 Iron provide the strength that Scag gets from triple plaing that area. I like both decks and brands, so it isn't a brand thing. It is simple truth.

Camera accessory Cameras & optics Machine Computer monitor accessory Optical instrument

41 - 60 of 93 Posts