1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

    Dismiss Notice

Need some help on who to call

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by kirk1701, Apr 25, 2010.

  1. kirk1701

    kirk1701 LawnSite Gold Member
    Messages: 3,981

    Most everyone here knows me and how hard I work to keep my property up. We've had this problem for some time and yesterday with the storms that ravaged through the central part of the country we were no exception; 2 inches of rain in less then an how.

    Our back yard I'm told from the city planning and zoning commission is in a flood plane which when we get heavy rains like yesterday turns into a river. I've compensated for this with my landscaping so the water can run, which is exactly what the engineer said do and said if you change the path you by law need to redirect the water, we can't block it from coming on us as that is against the law.

    We'll, thats exactly what our neighbor down from us has done, she can't block it all but when you have 2 or 3 inches of running water and cement bricks stopping it some of it starts backing up on us and as you see I've called zoning board who has done nothing, said if it was in city limits they could but since were in the county its a personal dispute between neighbors and I would need to take her to court to get something done??? :dizzy:

    Thought some of you in landscaping might know your way around some of these laws and who to see, contact, talk to in order to get something done?

    Any idea's?

Share This Page