1. Ask the Expert TODAY!
    Learn how to do more with less when it comes to your fertilization services. Gather your top questions about fertilization and nutrient management and join the live Ask the Expert event hosted by Koch Turf & Ornamental TODAY at 12-2 p.m. ET in the Fertilizer Application forum .

Dismiss Notice

need some help with overseeding and aerating

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by mowing grass 1111, Mar 30, 2008.

1. mowing grass 1111

mowing grass 1111 LawnSite Senior Member

i usally don't ask for help with pricing but this one has me stumped i have 7 properties to bid on that want an esitmate on overseeding and aerating .the properties are from 1 1/2 acres to 6 acres. i will be seeding with a broadcast sprayer and cutting and bagging will not be needed . anybody have an idea what i should charge for the prperties

2. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

I hope the equipment you listed is a joke and not what your really using. I charge $35 per 1000 sqf to slit seed and 4 times the mowing rate for aerating.

3. mowing grass 1111

yep its a joke .. i sat down and worked on the prices , i came up with something that i can live with. i turn the bid in on monday.....i hope like hell i get it. so far my prices have been to high this year ... kinda getting tired of bidding on stuff:cry:

4. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Yeah same here. I have been getting about half of the landscaping jobs I bid on and none of the mowing jobs. When I give out a bid for mowing everyone tells me I'm to high when I'm thinking it was to low. I just can't believe how cheap people are mowing for these day's with prices the way they are. Everything I own is paid for and I still can't afford to mow as cheap as people are doing it for and even if I could its not worth it.

5. mowing grass 1111

i hear ya my mowers are paid for also ... including the new ztr sitting in the shop with 22 hours on it . the truck will be paid off in a year . i want to get more into the landscaping / water ponds side of the business and get away from the mowing . sometimes i think i should take my old job back as a QA supervisor at Hershey ... but then i would not have four months off to go hunting lol