1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Need some help...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tiedeman, Apr 9, 2003.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

This year is the first year that I switched over to a square foot measurement system. I have to admit that its great for the smaller lawns, but once you get into over 15,000 it just seems like it is way too much. I charge $3.00 per 1,000 feet.
    I have even tried to go $3.00 per feet for the first 15,000...then $2.00 for the next. But I still could never figure out a formula. We mostly work with two man crews and to cover overhead costs and everything we need to charge around $60 to $66 per hour for a two man crew. I have tried to break down the per hour into a square foot measurement system but it just still doesn't want to work for me. The larger yards in my opinion should get a little bit cheaper price per square foot than the smaller ones, but I just can't figure out a formula for it.

First of all, you have to remember that I live in a very small city. Prices can't be too high or too low. Edging doesn't need to be done everyweek up here. More like only 2 to 3 times a year. Medium trimming done in most places. I want to here from all price ranges, everything from formulas to prices per hour. I know that we have talked about this topic to death, but I just want to get refreshed on the idea, but my square foot measurement sucks!!