• CA Lessons: Landscaping To Reduce Wildfire Risk
    While there are no ways to fireproof a property, there are strategies to design and maintain landscapes for reduced vulnerability. Click here to learn more.

Need some help?

diggerman

LawnSite Senior Member
I've got a 10ft cable control Western snow plow that angles very slowly,I am pretty sure that I have the cables adjusted properly.The lift works just fine ,but to occelate it from one side to the other takes forever.Any ideas?

DaveO

LawnSite Member
Digger,

It's electric/hydro right??

If it lifts OK then the motor/pump are working good. I'm not familiar with that setup, but I would look at the valves/pistons/hoses that work with the angle circuit. I'm sure you have the cables adjusted correctly.

Dave

Michael Fronczak

LawnSite Member
Also check pressure relief value,or the valve that allows plow to angle if it strikes an objest, may be hung up diverting fluid.

crew

LawnSite Member
Had the same problem last year on , what i think is a similar rig. The cable adjustment was VERY SENSATIVE.Also- open the box on the pump where the cables go in and look at the contacts.Mine were grungy and bent. The final solution was disassembling the joy stick control and straightening and cleaning all contacts in there. Good luck.

iowastorm

LawnSite Senior Member
Dig, just put some duct tape on it and don't worry about it. ---- your 'commercial' storm chaser buddy.