Need Some Input On Used Scag vs New Bradley Mower

Greencuts518

LawnSite Fanatic
So I immediately call Tom. Tell him the discharge-side blade is missing...and I'm pissed, but I know it's not his fault, so I'm calm and don't give him a hard time.

Tom apologized (and I could tell he was sincerely unhappy about what happened) and says he'll immediately overnight me a blade and hardware...but now it's late in the day and I wouldn't get the blade until Wed 5/2, when I'll be under the knife.

So there's the story up to now. Stuff happens, especially when freight carriers and no local dealers are involved.

It's not the end of the world, but I'm a little disappointed (wife's a lot disappointed) I'm not going to get my first mow of the season in until (possibly) June.

All said, I'd buy again from Bradley and I'm happy with the way they handled the blade issue. I'll probably buy their grass-catcher once they have one for this 52" model, and I'm giving hard thought to their log-splitter.

I'll post further updates once I put the mower in service. You'll get a good, honest review for how it handles a hell of a lot of 2' extra-thick grass on hillsides.
Bradley shipped mine within 2 days but never sent me a tracking number so I wasn't sure when it shipped. Then FedEx took 4 days to deliver it after it reached there local facility. But besides not keeping me informed on tracking everything else went fine. I wish you speedy recovery on your knee.

OP
Hiltzy

Hiltzy

LawnSite Member
Bradley shipped mine within 2 days but never sent me a tracking number so I wasn't sure when it shipped. Then FedEx took 4 days to deliver it after it reached there local facility. But besides not keeping me informed on tracking everything else went fine. I wish you speedy recovery on your knee.

Thanks, Buddy, appreciate it. Knee's doing well.

Glad you're having good results with the Bradley. There's no question they're excellent bang for the buck.

Greencuts518

LawnSite Fanatic
My 17.5 intek Briggs has been hiccuping occasionally and hard starting. I may have gotten a batch of bad gas, I'll drain tank and give it some fresh gas. If that doesn't do the trick, I'll bring to a local dealer and see what they say (it's under warranty). It cuts and handles great, I think it's got low lift blades on it. So will upgrade to high lifts once I get a chute blocker.

Last edited:
OP
Hiltzy

Hiltzy

LawnSite Member
It just started on first pull and no hiccups as I mowed my lawn. Blades need sharpening but cut still looks nice.

Glad to hear it!

Just wondering, did you put an hour meter on it?

Richard Moore

LawnSite Member
I own the SC52 same as yours, picked it up myself. Not a big deal. I used a Sawz-all to get it out of the crate. So far, I have serviced 145 properties with it, and just hit 75 hours. I LOVE this machine. Its tough, and it handles very well. Cut is nice and I bought 6 sets of blades with it since I change them daily or every other day. I would buy another one, and in fact plan to buy the 36" model as soon as it is released.

Top Forums