• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Need to locate a new Insurance Company

Flatop

LawnSite Member
I currently have an out of state Insurance provider for my business. It’s out of state but they have a firm here in San Antonio. Looking to switch provider, maybe something local. Hate talking to a myriad pr man trying to sell me insurance. Best place to ask are those that currently are insured and are happy with their provider. Any help would be appreciated.

OP
Flatop

Flatop

LawnSite Member
I found a new insurance place of all place someone on the east side of San Antonio who owns a lawn care business. Had a customer called and he gave me his addy. I told him I can refer him to someone closer to home so as to save $$. I called the other guy and we chatted. He gave me a number and transferred my current insurance from well over $1,000 to less than $900.00 a year. I just do basic lawn care no weed (am looking to get pesticide license in acouple of months)or tree trimming. I not only saved money but the insurance broker is hot. I couldn't take my eyes off of her. lol The insurance company base out of North Carolina. Anyone here in Texas looking to get general liability email me. Gladly help any way I can. That is what we are here for.

BearWise Landscapers

LawnSite Senior Member
Are they an independent insurance agency? I recommend using an independent one because they will be able to show rates for you between the multiple insurance carriers they access.

Good luck!

OP
Flatop

Flatop

LawnSite Member
I went through an indepemdent insurance comany. She gave me 4 quotes, 3 being around $900.00 and over and one being less than 900.00 for general liability for the whole year. I am just a small lawn care outfit that started out in late 2008. My commerical auto insurance is Geico and they just added an extra $6.00 to my current monthy payment coverage. I don't travel far for lawn care. San Antonio is a big place with lots of subdivision. The furthest I'll travel is 15 miles from home.