Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This wasn't an issue on my 450 so I never had to give it any thought but I have to decide if I should get a 78" bucket, which is the same width as the tracks on the 297c or go with the 84" bucket which will be 3" wider on each side of the tracks.

Any pros or cons? What would you do?

·
Registered
11,913 Posts
Go for the 84", I wish I had gone wider with my bucket choice to, as there will be less material that passes from the side of the bucket into the tracks as you dig through piles, much like having a bulldozer, it's better to have a blade wider than the track stance.

Cat's buckets are short enough (from the bottom to the top) that you can get away with the extra capacity and not notice it on the loader's power.

·
Registered
6,147 Posts
84", no doubt. We had a 78" 4 in 1 on the 277B we had. I demo'd an 84" tooth bucket and loved the width. The only reason we didn't get an 84" 4 in 1 was price and the weight, once you step up to 4 in 1's, they get pretty heavy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.