1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Need To Vent........

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Frontier-Lawn, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

well heres the history. I got this client (half here half in west Virgina) last year, a great one. paid for the whole year up front. years up cancels due to pool and complete landscape install, takes 6 months and wants me back after the warranty (6month) is up on the new grass and landscape. i get them back and have them for 3 months, they have a pest prob that treminex did not do so i refer them to ric. He sign them up for a $700 package deal so we're both happy. so one day i get there she tells me how she would like some plants trimmed i start to trim them runs out says forget about it, i'll fig out something. i blow it off. next time there Ric's there to do his thing and to find out before i get there they told ric to do the fert, and did not tell him that i had that in my contract with them (ric and i had no prob with it), so i leave since i can't mow. i come back 2 weeks latter and mows and as i was leaving she hands me a envelope. i open it half way home and I'm no longer needed due to me not doing what was in my contract and that i should stick with what i do good and thats mowing. so i send him a last bill for $25.00 he pay's and sends a note that i don't deserves this since i did not mow for 2 weeks. Rule One Make your clients stick to the Contract

2. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

I hate people....but love parties.

Don't sweat it man.....sounds like just one of the MANY loony toon people out there. Water on a duck's back. No time to dwell on this, you've got other moves to make.

3. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

what pisses me off is now im down to under $1000mth in influx and only 10 clients with out the cash to do any advertising now.

4. martinfan06

martinfan06 LawnSite Senior Member

Keep your head up man youll come out of it,just hit the payment hard looking for bad looking places stop in sell your work even if its 1 time jobs. Thats how I gained a lot of my work when I was in biz last time,stopped at a car dealership that was over grown got the mowing job 3 months later turned into to a major landscape job: 15 pallets sod,200 hedges and plants,25 yrds of mulch. Sure glad I didnt just keep driving by. Good luck