1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

    Dismiss Notice

Need Water Meter

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by PROCUT1, May 15, 2005.

  1. PROCUT1

    PROCUT1 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from TN
    Messages: 4,891

    This is off the irrigation topic but i figured if anyone would know you guys would.

    I need a meter that i can attach or rig to a hose to measure the number of gallons flowing through it. I do blacktop sealing and to make the sealer I have to add x amount of concentrate with x amount of water. i have been doing it with 5 gallon pails but that takes forever on a 500 gallon tank.

    I have searched everywhere and i cant find a gallon meter. the only ones ive found have been hundreds and thousands of dollars..

  2. Dirty Water

    Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic
    Messages: 6,794

    You may have luck finding a meter that measures cubic feet, because as far as I know, that is usually how the city meters are. Badger makes one type, with 5/8" fittings on each end. Price is in the hundreds.
  3. stumper1620

    stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,889

    you could check commercial pump company or any pump station manufacture like them, they make pump stations for golf courses that monitor flow & gallonage, also commercial swimming pools are required to monitor flow for the health dept. here is a link to a pool flow/total meter for pools. hope this helps you out, if not search pool supplies, leslies commercial should have them also.

  4. bicmudpuppy

    bicmudpuppy LawnSite Silver Member
    Messages: 2,781

    I haven't looked in a long time, but try a supplier for commercial spray equipment. I know I have used them on spray rigs so you know how much you have applied. Lesco might be a good place to start. Something in the back of my mind says they made one. Either 3/4 or 1" would be normal size and a digital readout. I didn't pay for or order the one I used on the old golf course spray rig over 20 years ago, but it was there and worked. Hope that helps.
  5. bicmudpuppy

    bicmudpuppy LawnSite Silver Member
    Messages: 2,781

  6. Mdirrigation

    Mdirrigation LawnSite Gold Member
    Messages: 3,755

    go to parkinglotworld.com , able industries sells exactly what you need . Also if you are using a standard tank you can add the water by measuring inches . I have a 550 and have a chart that tells you how many inches equals the equivelent gallons.

Share This Page