1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

Need Winter Ideas

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Five Points, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Five Points

Five Points LawnSite Member

Just wondering what you guys might do in winter for revenue. I do snow work and enough to keep the wolves away most yrs.

This year snow will be slim I think. Looking for other ideas and can only come up with firewood. Not sure I want to do that.

Oh Yeah Happy New Year

2. Five Points

sorry forgot i was in pics section:hammerhead:

3. roeslandscaping

roeslandscaping LawnSite Member

I do all my tree trimming during winter or late fall, because all of the energy is stored up in the roots. i also do some home remodeling. Not much to be done besides snow. Good luck!

4. j-ville native

j-ville native LawnSite Senior Member

Well this probably doesn't apply to you because of snow, but I try to schedule all my mulch jobs in the winter. I also use the winter to catch up on weed pulling, tree trimming, shrub trimming, equipment maintenance, etc.

5. Five Points

yes I schedule jobs for off season as well. I guess Ill just wait for snow. look at my business and what I can do better or different. work on equipment. My season starts back up about last week of March. Not really that far away. Let myself recharge. Its a cycle I guess.

6. ALEX'S LANDSCAPING

ALEX'S LANDSCAPING LawnSite Senior Member

What I do during the winter is just Snow Removal (which does not apply right now because there is no snow on the ground). Some stuff I am working on right now are working on beefing up my website, Designing my logo,
    Looking for new equipment, Making fliers that I will distribute at the middle of March etc.........
    Basically just doing things that I don't have time to do in the spring/summer months.
    Even though, I hope you find a good thing to work on until the 2012 mowing season best of luck!
    :waving: